dimanche 7 mars 2010

Cambodia day 5: Pool time!!!

Hello! Well today has been really nice. It was my first day at the pool...hmmm don't you all want to be there sipping on some exotic cocktail???



Yup, life REALLY is hard here, not to mention that Monday is a holiday :) so I'll probably be hitting up some markets and then a nice little swim again? You jealous yet?

This is the National Museum, right next to the Royal Palace. It was beautiful there, but too bad there was not really any explanations on the statues in there and not so much diversity. It was good to have seen it but I don't think I'll need to spend any more time there.







This is the Royal Palace which we walked around (they close for lunch and lucky us were there right at noon). A tuk tuk driver followed us for a while, really nice and he kept talking to us while we were walking and kept wanting to take us to the Killing Fields...not today sir.






These are some really cute kids that were just so funny, trying to do gestures like hip hop artists do (you know the East coast/West coast thingy). Especially the little guy in the red and white shirt. He actually ran over to me and started posing and getting confused with which fingers to hold up...awwww.







So CUTE!

Later that evening we decided to throw a roof party and had a great time with lots of beer (which gets hot straight away unfortunately) and vodka...no vodka for me and I probably felt better the next day than some of the other volunteers :P



Well that's all for now :)

3 commentaires:

  1. Aweee!!! Ma cherie! I'm so happy for you. It looks like you are finding your way around just fine. I am so glad that you are enjoying your work there and the people as well. I miss you and love you.

    Aimee

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. All of a sudden, Cambodia is not so distant and different. What an experience.

    papi

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hi Catalina, I am now on skype and hope you can send me your name and we ll be able to call each other. Here the sun is shining, but the wind is gushing around the corners leaving us with minus 4degrees out there. Jeff and I will go skiing tomorrow so we ll dress up warm and think of you in 30+degrees and your pool!!!
    Stor klem
    Mami

    RépondreSupprimer